ManuREsource: International conference on manure management and valorization
Time and place
|Date: ||05 December 2013 - 06 December 2013|
|Time: ||2 days|
|Place: ||Bruges, Belgium|
Intensive livestock production and the limited amount of arable land for manure disposal, has created local, regional or national manure surpluses in Europe. In the framework of the EU Nitrates Directive, several action plans and manure management policies have been implemented.
This conference will stimulate the exchange of experience between European regions on effective policy measures dealing with manure surplus and gives an overview of recent innovations in manure treatment technologies. The conference focuses on environmental and economic aspects of manure treatment, energy production, nutrient recovery, fertilizing value, and marketing and quality aspects of the end-products.
The conference will cover the following themes:
- Manure policies and state of the art manure treatment in EU Member states
- Fertilisation management and fertilising value of manure and digestate treatment products
- Economical aspects of manure and digestate treatment
- Marketing and quality aspects of manure and digestate treatment products
- Energy production from manure
- Nutrient recovery from manure and digestate
- Innovation in manure and digestate treatment technologies
- Environmental aspects of manure and digestate treatment
Participants are welcome to submit abstracts for oral or poster presentations by June 30, 2013.
The conference is organised by the Flemish Coordination Centre for Manure Processing, Ghent University, POM West Flanders and Inagro.
More information about the call for abstracts, registration and venue is available on the conference website here